ACCURATE RECRUITMENT PRIVACY STATEMENT
This Privacy Act Statement applies to Accurate Recruitment Pty Ltd.
Accurate Recruitment is committed to protecting the privacy of all individuals. To deliver our commitment to privacy, we will comply with the legislation and regulations within Australia.
Accurate Recruitment is bound by the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) as amended by the Privacy Amendment (Enhancing Privacy Protection) Act 2012 (Cth) and the 13 Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) contained within that Act. All employees and officers of Accurate Recruitmentvare required to comply with the Act and this Privacy Statement.
Information or opinions which are collected, held, used or disclosed by Accurate Recruitment about an individual whose identity is apparent, or can reasonably be ascertained, will be protected by the standards outlined in this Statement.
To deliver our commitment to privacy, we will:
- Be bound by, and comply with, the APPs under the Act in relation to personal information
- Communicate this Privacy Statement to all employees and stakeholders to ensure awareness of their requirement to comply with our privacy standards and to anyone else who asks for it
- Ensure that lawful, fair and unobtrusive means are used to collect personal information that is necessary for our business purposes
- Collect sensitive information only with the individual’s consent and not disclose any personal information to an unrelated third party, except with the individual’s consent or where we are permitted to do so by law
- Take reasonable steps to destroy or de-identify personal information in a secure manner when we have no further need for it or are required to do so by law
- Take reasonable steps to ensure that only authorised personnel who have agreed to keep personal information confidential have access to the information
- Take reasonable steps to keep personal information up to date, accurate and complete
- Provide individuals access to their personal information on request, and
- Periodically review and revise this Privacy Statement and related procedures to maintain relevance.
Accurate Recruitment recognises and respects the importance of each individual’s privacy. This Statement and related procedures ensure all personal information held by Accurate Recruitment is handled appropriately and kept confidential.
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT AND HOW?
Accurate Recruitment will only collect personal information to the extent that it is reasonably necessary for the purposes of our business.
Accurate Recruitment may collect the following types of personal information:
- Information about potential employees including application forms, CVs, interview notes, references, names and contact details of referees, and pre-employment medical information
- Current employee information including name, addresses, email, telephone numbers, TFN, bank account details, next of kin details, date of birth, gender, salary, superannuation funds, licenses, memberships, qualifications, passport details and medical information
- Contact information about current and potential clients, consultants, subcontractors, suppliers and industry participants
- Third-party information obtained through contact made via our website.
Accurate Recruitment collects personal information orally, in writing, by telephone, via email and via its websites. Accurate Recruitment collects information in a number of ways including:
- On its website, for job applications or email queries
- As it establishes payroll records for employees
- Through the ongoing management of employees during their time with Accurate Recruitment
- By collecting client, supplier and business partner contact information as part of the ongoing management of its business relationships.
Personal information must be collected in a lawful and fair manner and the collection must be reasonably necessary for the functions and activities of Accurate Recruitment. Sensitive personal information must only be collected with consent.
WHAT DO WE USE PERSONAL INFORMATION FOR?
Any personal details you provide will be used for the purpose for which it was provided. This may involve disclosing your personal information to clients, These organisations are required to comply with the principles of this Statement.
If you upload your CV to our website, you give us express consent to use, disclose and store your personal information for the purposes of potential recruitment by Accurate Recruitment, for a period of 12 months, at which point we will take reasonable steps to destroy the information. Any filed CVs will be secured and protected from unauthorised access.
With regard to other interactions through which we obtain personal information, your details will only be accessible to and used by, appropriate personnel. We do not use or disclose any personal details you provide to us for the purposes of direct marketing.
RETENTION AND DISPOSAL OF INFORMATION
Accurate Recruitment will only keep personal information it needs for the purpose for which it was collected. Accurate Recruitment will take reasonable steps to dispose of such information when it has no further need to use it, or it is required by law to do so.
WHAT INFORMATION DOES ACCURATE RECRUITMENT COLLECT VIA ITS WEB SITE?
The Accurate Recruitment website allows you to contact Accurate Recruitment for the purpose of requesting information about Accurate Recruitment or making other enquiries.
By submitting the feedback form, you provide us with certain personal information which may include your name, e-mail address and any other details you include in your form. This information is collected by us for the purpose of dealing with your request. We may not be able to deal with your request without this information.
We do not collect any other personal information via the site. See our statement on cookies below.
In line with our policy on e-mail security, any e-mails you send or receive will be automatically checked for viruses and copied for our email archives. Our IT administrators may have access to e-mails to manage e-mail security.
SECURITY OF INFORMATION
You should be aware that the internet is not a secure environment. However, Accurate Recruitment uses all reasonable efforts to ensure that any personal information collected, in whatever format, is held securely.
In addition, only authorised personnel have access to personal information and are required to comply with this policy.
A cookie is a small text file downloaded onto the user’s computer or mobile device when they access a website. Cookies are widely used to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the website’s owners and third parties.
Cookies do not identify the user as an individual but do identify the computer or mobile device they use to access the internet and can therefore be used to collect information about the person’s use of the internet. Cookies do not allow access to any information stored on the user’s computer or mobile device.
Where used, the information collected is used by us or our service providers to evaluate and improve the website’s effectiveness and to improve your experience when you visit it. Cookies are not used by Accurate Recruitment to identify who you are or to send you targeted advertising.
CHANGES TO THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT